Sunday 2 June 2013

So my wishlist for series 8 of Doctor Who

I summed this up with this tweet.
Let me break things down further.

  1. A female Doctor would be a nice change.  There is now a precedent thanks to Neil Gaiman's Episode the Doctor's Wife.  And if Moff is up to the challenge of writing the Doctor as a woman then I have a list of women who would make awesome Doctors.  Sophie Okonedo, Julia Davis, Olivia Coleman. I don't think it will happen because I don't think anyone is brave enough to do this.  When I mentioned the possibility of a female Doctor for the first time ever, I got a bit of abuse.
  2. Writers who are women writing Who.  Since 2005 there has only been one writer who was also a woman. Helen Raynor wrote the two parter Daleks in Manhattan and since then there has been no other women writers.  I would love someone like Sarah Pinborough to tackle an episode.
I don't think that Doctor Who is intentionally a boys club with a young pretty female companion but it really is beginning to look that way.  

Would love to see some changes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment